You probably didn’t arrive with perfect hair and happy. Buyers often overlook the problem of tangled extensions. All types of hair extensions are very popular, including tape-in extensions, glue-in hair extensions and braids, sewn in, sewn or braided, clip -in, and many other forms. It’s easy to see why hair extensions are so popular. They add volume, length, color, and shine.
Your Remy wefts are beautiful and have been holding up well for a while. But now, you notice that your hair extensions appear damaged, dry, tangled and dried out. You’re now wondering what to do? Don’t worry! There are many options to restore damaged hair extensions, and bring them back to their original shine.
AiryHair experts can help you before you throw your newly purchased wefts in a trash bin. This article will cover all aspects of damaged extensions. We will cover everything from hair softening and revitalizing to extensions detangling, as well as how to prevent such unfortunate events in the future.
1. How to Care for Hair Extensions
Let’s start with hair extensions. It is important to ensure that hair products are suitable for hair extension. This is the most important thing. You can reduce the chance of extensions getting damaged if you use high-quality products right from the start.
Your extensions’ health and the health of your hair will be ensured by high-quality products. It is important to use high-quality products to preserve your hair. If you don’t, it will become dry and dull.
* Do not use any heat tools on extensions. If you must, use heat protector spray. It is best not to use any hot tools.
Be careful when you are washing hair extensions. Don’t push your hair too hard, or flip hair upside down. You can cause matting and tangling by using too hard scrubbing.
* Brush your hair at least twice daily. An extension brush is better than a regular one. To avoid damaging or breaking your extensions, be careful when you brush. Regular brushing of your hair keeps your extensions in good condition and prevents matting or tangling.
You could end up with damaged, tangled and dry extensions if you didn’t follow these steps. It is important to maintain your extensions in good condition, especially since you paid a lot for them. There are many ways to fix damaged or tangled hair extensions.
2. How do you repair damaged hair extensions?
In 98% of cases, the problem was due to moisture. This can lead to skanky hair that is easily avoided.
Many women are interested in knowing how to maintain their hair extensions for a longer time. This technique is often used by professional hairstylists without them even knowing. This seems like an easy procedure that doesn’t require any thought. You’d be wrong.
What is a LOC Method?
Your layering products should be of equal consistency. This is the LOC method. This is the abbreviation of the type and order in which the products are applied to your hair.
*L stands for liquid. It can be water or a watery item.
* O stands to any type of oil
* C stands to cream and its products
If you have curly, wavy or kinky extensions, the LOC method is especially important. A little oil might not be enough to keep your hair healthy, shiny, and moisturized. This is especially true if you are using curly extensions that will enhance the appearance of your hair. It’s clear that you should use the LOC method to keep extensions from drying out.
3. How to soften, moisturize and repair dry hair extensions?
There are several options to save dry hair extensions. Dry extensions can lead to tangling and matting as well as breaking. Many products can be used to revive and repair damaged extensions that have been dried out.
These can be tried, but if you don’t want to spend too much on expensive products, there are other options. You can do it all from the comfort of home.
Argan, Coconut and Olive Oils are all good options.
This first method is easy and uses ingredients most people already have. Extra virgin olive oil, coconut oil, and argan oil are all good options. These oils should not be flavored.
1. It is easy. Simply take a bowl, add extra virgin olive oil, and place in the microwave for approximately one minute.
2. You want it to be warm but not too hot that you can’t touch.
3. Next, place your extensions in a bowl and drizzle olive oil over them.
4. After that, place the hair extensions in a bag and seal it. Keep it there for around an hour.
5. Rinse extensions well and then brush them gently. Because the strands are still wet, be gentle.
6. To make your hair smell less oily, add conditioner. This will help smoothen the hair.
7. Finally, dry the hair extensions with a towel.
Timeframe: 1 to 2-hours
Boiling Pot Method
Although the first method is the easiest, it requires the most oil. You can try something else if you wish. A boiling method is used often to revive damaged or dry extensions.
1. Boil a small saucepan of water until it is hot but not boiling.
2. Mix ten to twenty drops olive, coconut, or argan oil with two tablespoons of hair conditioner.
3. Dry hair extensions, and let them sit for around 10 minutes.
4. Before you remove extensions, let your hair cool off.
5. Place the extensions again on a towel, and allow them to dry overnight.
Time limit: 15 minutes
When adding oil to your extensions, be sure to use extra virgin, coconut, and argan oils. Other substances can cause fat buildup or breakage.
It worked! If not, don’t despair! There are many ways to restore their shine. You can restore your extensions to their original glory by following the next step.
Advanced Hot Water Method
This method is similar to the previous, but pushes things a little further. No matter if you have clip-ins or tape-ins, fusion, or microlinks, it is important to remove any ruined extensions. A sink, tub, shampoo, conditioner and natural oil are all necessary.
1. Place your extensions in the pot or sink and heat it.
2. Apply natural shampoo to the hair and gently massage it. Continue this process for several minutes until your hair is completely washed.
3. Rinse the hair and ensure that no shampoo is left on the ends.
4. Add the hair to the hot water. Add a leave-in conditioner to the hair and a few drops natural oils.
5. Mix it all together with your hands. Use conditioner sparingly, as you want to coat every strand.
6. You can add treatment to damaged hair inside if you wish.
7. You can leave your hair on for a few hours or longer, if you have the opportunity.
8. Brush the extensions gently while they are still damp and covered with conditioner. Start at the ends, and work your way towards the roots. It may take some patience depending on the extent of the extensions.
9. After brushing each weft thoroughly, ensure that there aren’t knots or tangles.
10. Use warm water to rinse your hair.
11. Let the extensions dry on a towel.
12. Once the extensions have dried completely, you can brush them once more and then they are ready for wear.
Time Frame: 60 minutes
Now your hair should be shiny and shiny!
4. How to detangle hair extensions?
Your hair extensions will look great when they are purchased. However, many people don’t take proper care , and this can lead to problems. Your extensions may get a bit tangled up, which is not a great look. There are many things you can do to fix your hair extensions.
If you properly use your hair extensions, they shouldn’t get too tangled. This problem can occur if you use a lot hair spray or if it is windy. You don’t want your extensions to be tangled or messy so make sure you take care of them.
Tangled hair extensions can make your hair look like a rat’s Nest, which is something that no one wants. Having millions of extensions to wash every day can make it difficult. There are solutions to tangled hair, regardless of whether it is due to poor maintenance or low quality extensions.
5. How to fix tangled hair extensions?
You don’t want the tangles to be pulled out by a toothbrush or very fine teeth. Use the antistatic comb instead. These will not harm extensions.
1. Your hair extensions should be towel-dried before you start.
2. You can use a detangler to remove knots using a wide-toothed comb.
3. After that, condition them. You should be gentle and patient with your hair extensions.
4. You don’t need to use much force to remove the tangles with the leave-in conditioner.
5. It’s a good idea if you have a large knot to work with. You’ll be removing less hair.
Timeframe: 30-45 minutes
6. Products to Untangle and Remove Knots from Hair Extensions
Infusium 23 Leave-in Treatment
It’s an affordable product that can be found in many places. It is safe to use on extensions and hair. It works well and takes out the tangles.
Johnson’s No More Tangles
Johnson’s detangling spray is another option. Johnson’s detangling spray is a great option for children and it’s also very affordable. It can be used on extensions safely and has many benefits for natural hair.
Spray it on your extensions, and use a wide-toothed comb to remove knots and tangles. Begin by combing the hair from the base and working your way up to the ends. There is no need to rinse.
It’s a miracle leave-in product with 10 miracles
Yes, the full name sounds like this. This product is great for controlling frizz, detangling hair and adding shine. Spray it on, and you can begin detangling.
Argan Oil is great for hair and hair extensions. You can choose from many brands of argan oils. Argan oil is great for detangling your hair and removing knots.
It is also great for hair extensions. It will keep your extensions in top condition and is a natural product that won’t cause any damage to them.
Based on customer reviews and pricing, pick any one of these. Any of these are a good choice.
7. How to Avoid Tangled Hair Extensions and Knots
Brushing is the first thing that you should incorporate into your daily routine. You must brush extensions the same way you would your natural hair. Although it may seem obvious, many girls don’t wash their hair often enough to avoid the rat’s-nest look.
Brush Your Hair Extensions
Even though hair extensions are soft and not tangled. This is how you want them to stay!
It is easier to prevent than to revive, so brush your hair at least twice daily. Permanent extensions such as tape-in or fusion can be combed like natural hair. Clip-ins require that you brush your hair after you remove them from the storage area. Brush your hair after each wash.
Be gentle when brushing your hair to avoid damaging it. A brush that detangles hair is a great idea, especially if you are looking for extensions. This will eliminate all knots and matt.
It’s a smart idea to wear a scarf or sleeping cap around your head while you sleep. This will make it easier for you to brush your teeth and save time. Your goal is to keep your locks secure and prevent them from tangling or matting while you sleep. To prevent hairs from tangling and clumping, you can tie a ponytail.